It was funnier then but now it's not that funny to read about it.
me: So what do you recommend? Should I get this inoculated on Thursday and come back on Saturday?
Prof: Yup. I'll be here on Friday and Saturday.
me: Well I can't make it to the Friday session, so should I just wait until Thursday to inoculate?
Prof: yea, but I'll be here on Friday.
me: I can't be here on Friday.
Prof: I know, but I just want you to know that I'll be here on Friday.
me: -pause- well, I'm happy that you'll be here on Friday.
Prof: Good. -flashes a grin-
Oh the joy of working...
me: (updating boss on patient progress)
Boss: Hmm?
me: Oh yea, I lost my voice.
Boss: Cool.
me: -glares-
A few minutes later...
Boss: You know, your voice seems to get better once we've started talking about happy hour...
me: I wonder why.
me: So what do you recommend? Should I get this inoculated on Thursday and come back on Saturday?
Prof: Yup. I'll be here on Friday and Saturday.
me: Well I can't make it to the Friday session, so should I just wait until Thursday to inoculate?
Prof: yea, but I'll be here on Friday.
me: I can't be here on Friday.
Prof: I know, but I just want you to know that I'll be here on Friday.
me: -pause- well, I'm happy that you'll be here on Friday.
Prof: Good. -flashes a grin-
Oh the joy of working...
me: (updating boss on patient progress)
Boss: Hmm?
me: Oh yea, I lost my voice.
Boss: Cool.
me: -glares-
A few minutes later...
Boss: You know, your voice seems to get better once we've started talking about happy hour...
me: I wonder why.

<< Home